Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mid-Month at JBS Mercantile

Here we are, smack dab in the middle of March, and that means it's time for the mid-month gallery reveal at JBS Mercantile!  The team has added a bunch of new projects to the March kit gallery. I have three contributions, all of which are reminders of a spring break spent happily scrapping. 
It's Girl Scout cookie season, and that means that unless I have a box of cookies in hand, I am going through some intense withdrawal. 
I documented this most wonderful and unhealthy (physically and mentally) time of year with some help from the Antiquarian kit, which contains a series of tickets that I stitched in a row. The numbers represent the number of boxes that I have consumed this year (nearly).  Sure, there's a lot of jesting going on here, but at the core of it is a dark, dark truth about the way the cookie crumbles. 
My second layout features layers of papers from the March Papercrafting kit, along with some stamped and stenciled images. 
I added the journaling on the labels found in the Historian kit, and arranged the labels vertically on the left side and right side of the page.
The plus-sign stencil and wood veneer and stencil actually inspired this page. Initially they brought to mind the plus signs found attached to grades, and that got me thinking about my daughter's current state of mind regarding school and college and the pressures that she must be feeling these days.  The journaling shifts the meaning of the plus signs by making them less about grades and more about positive thinking. 
There wasn't much left intact after I worked my way through the kits this month, but I did manage to create a colorful little gift album for my daughter using the Mini-Album kit and the remnants of the Papercrafting and Antiquarian kits. 
I'll have more album peeks to share this week on the JBS blog! 

Thanks for visiting! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Jill your work is amazing and I love how you play with words. It's such a treat following you. Thanks for all the great video tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the creativity you ALWAYS bring to your projects--it INSPIRES me to think outside the box i have made for myself--THANK you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, I am in love with your first layout, love everything on it : the textured background, the stitched row of tickets, everything ! I pinned it for future inspiration, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. i must tell you, i ADORE your handwriting. come over and write on all my layouts please!!!

    ReplyDelete