Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Already?

I'm pretty sure that just a few days ago, it was still February. Yesterday, it was March. How can it be April already?  Whoa.  

A new month means a new kit from JBS Mercantile, and this month's kits are perfectly suited for spring. The papercrafting kit's wood veneer clouds and raindrop stencil and cut file celebrate April showers. 
I combined items from the papercrafting kit and the antiquarian kit to create a layout about my feisty little kitty. 
I am crazy about the antiquarian kit this month. Just look. 
Isn't it hoardworthy?  I'm still stunned that I was able to get myself to actually use some of these gems on a layout. The antiquarian kits always make my hoarding impulses surface. There is a ticket stub from 1913 in there.  Mostly I've just spent a lot of time holding it and staring at it, mouth agape. 

I can't wait to dive back into the kits this weekend. Stay tuned for the mid-month gallery reveal on the 15th. In the meantime, check out the current gallery at JBS Mercantile -- it's full of terrifically inspiring layouts! You need to see what Doris Sander did with triangles, what Corrie Jones did with the layers on her pages, and what Lisa Dickinson did with the papers that she, that ninja, designed. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and beautiful layout! I love how you always layer your papers and embellishments. This is again an awesome layout :)

    ReplyDelete