Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy May Day!

It's May 1, which, if you know anything about Hawai'i, is kind of a big deal around here. After all, as the song goes, May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii. I spent the day in a haze of white ginger, courtesy of the lei that my seniors gave me this morning.
The annual May Day program at school was amazing.  The elementary-level program is usually characterized by cuteness, and that's always fun to watch, but the high school-level program today was downright beautiful, featuring dances that would be right at home at the Merrie Monarch Festival.

The first of the month also means that it's time for the JBS Mercantile May kit reveal. I had a blast working with the May papercrafting and antiquarian kits.
I combined the new pretties in the papercrafting kit with the vintage lovelies in the antiquarian kit to create a few layouts (with more coming soon!).
This layout pays tribute to the best person I know, my mother. She's just so good, through and through. I love this photo that I took of her, but when she saw it, she only seemed to notice her flaws, which aren't apparent to me. That's just crazy to me. I can't see her as anything other than beautiful.  
Maybe I am just age-blind. My uncle turns 70 this week, or so I am told -- in my mind, he is forever young, and always full of mischief. 
There are even more layouts in the May gallery, so be sure to stop by to check them out! 

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful tribute to your Uncle--age blind--LOVE it! GREAT inspiration Jill!

    ReplyDelete