Saturday, May 3, 2014

This Is Why

Why do I keep scrapbooking?
"After all these years,  I come back again and again 
to continue the story
to look more deeply within
to immerse myself in color and texture
to share myself
to celebrate love
to honor those who will not be forgotten
to get to the source of the ache and the joy
to find some semblance of order in the messiness of life
to just be as I am
to escape
but also to face headfirst the Real
to put myself out there: I am."

Happy National Scrapbook Day! I hope you had a great one!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love your reasons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These reasons are heart wrenchingly true for me too! Thanks for sharing so eloquently..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! This layout is INSPIRING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout. Your philosophy about scrapbooking with your heart and telling your stories as really reminded me about the reason I started scrapbooking and why I continue. Thank you so much for being a wonderful inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page and journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome page!
    I spy lots of old paper faves...

    ReplyDelete