Monday, May 19, 2014

Two Peas Update

I just poked my head into the Two Peas store, and discovered a bunch of new lovelies!
Although I already have the Crate Paper Open Road collection (and can attest firsthand to its must-have-ness), my cart is already full of the new Studio Calico and Pebbles lines.  I just placed an order the other day, though, so I will need to hold off for a bit...or simply wait for the moment when I just can't wait any longer.  I feel that moment growing closer.

By the looks of it, it is going to be one colorful scrappy summer. Hopefully, as more new items are added to my stash, I will restore the balance by using some older products alongside them.  That's actually what I did in my most recent Two Peas layout, which is set to go live later this week.
I also mixed old and new in another recent layout. 
I've been holding on to that mint green floral DIY Shop paper for the longest time. Of course, now the DIY Shop collection is 50% off at Two Peas, so I'm thinking of adding more to my stash. I am a weakling, I know. Still, I used the paper instead of just staring at it, which is progress. 

The layout itself is an important one to me. This month's theme at Two Peas in history/heritage, and for this Storytellers layout, I was challenged to use the five W's in the journaling. On the surface, that seems like a simple task, but given that this is a photo of a soon-to-be married couple who are no longer married -- and they happen to be my parents -- I found myself unsure about how to address the question "why." This is the result. 

When I started the layout, I had no idea that it would turn out this way, but I am glad for having attempted it. The hard questions are worth asking, I suppose. 

4 comments:

  1. Love this layout with all the layers (symbolism there), photo and questions. Is that a stamped photo frame on the journaling card or just a PL card? thank you for sharing this personal layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just placed a big order at twopeas while everything was on sale, and now you've got me drooling to go back for more!

    Maybe I'll just build my wish list for now. Love those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS--I seriously LOVE that close up and detail of the journaling pages--AWESOME-SAUCE!

    ReplyDelete