Sunday, June 29, 2014

Just Because.

Repeated behaviors develop into patterns, which develop into routines, which develop into habits, which develop into...me feeling utterly unmotivated if I do not have a deadline. I summoned my energy and surrounded myself with scrappy supplies today and decided to scrapbook without a deadline and with no other objective but to go with the flow and see where it would take me. Here's where I ended up: 
Apparently deadlines aren't the only motivation. Love most definitely inspires as well. 
I worked with colors and supplies that caught my eye, dipping into some past (and some downright ancient) Studio Calico goodies and putting some of the new Freckled Fawn tapes to use.
The layout celebrates the recent engagement of my cousin and her longtime love. They finally set a date, and I am so very happy for them!
 So of course I had to work in a heckuva lot of lovey-dovey-ness here.
I always feel a rush when I finish a layout, but completing one that was created just because feels incredible. It's a relief to know that I only think I need deadlines in order to accomplish anything. All I really need is a story to tell or a feeling to share, and everything follows from that. 

2 comments:

  1. Jill, you are so inspiring! Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful page!!! I And I hear you about "having to make a page" being a good motivator. I don't know if I'd be scrapping as much if I didn't have all these Design Teams to create for.

    ReplyDelete