Saturday, June 21, 2014

My Color Crush, Requited.

Today I grabbed my paintbrush and decided to put the idea in my last post into action. I can't share the full layout until next week, but here's a quick peek at the page in progress: 
What is it about these colors? They just feel so summery to me.

Of course, there's room in my scrappy heart for even more summer color combos, including one of my favorites, the analogous oceanic trio of yellow, aqua, and green. I just used it on a recent layout for Crate Paper:
Another combo that I have been loving lately is mint green, soft pink, and muted blue, which I found actually works pretty well on a beach layout.
What about you? Are there any color combos that you've been loving lately?

5 comments:

  1. Your journaling so inspires me! It is so rich with detail and perspective. I love your pages--thank you so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that thought of "in the midst of a memory." Your daughter is so lucky to have you capturing her moments. I'm excited for my son's upcoming senior year, too. Do you remember the mom who took a photo of something about her kid's day every single day of his senior year? It really helped her capture the details. I don't think I'll do daily, but I'd like to really try to capture the year for him somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful layouts, Jill! I always find so much inspiration in your pages. I just read the sad news about Two Peas. I hope you will still be posting here. You've become a regular part of my scrapbooking fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love loveee! I'm always loving the blue green aqua combo!
    I am SO upset Twopeasinabucket is closing and HOPE you start a YouTube

    ReplyDelete