Monday, June 2, 2014

Prank Day

When I was attending school here in Hawaii, the last day of classes was nicknamed "Kill Haole Day." Supposedly, it's just a myth, but that didn't stop me from staying home each year. Maybe no actual fights occurred, but in the days leading up that fateful last day, kids would still joke about the coming "purge" and would spread rumors about how so-and-so was going to jump so-and-so.  Nothing would ever come of it, but it was still a source of anxiety for this blond-haired, blue-eyed kid. 

Flash forward twenty years or so, and now, I actually look forward to the last day of school.  Where I teach, the last day of school is nicknamed "Prank Day." The seniors take control of campus and transform it in creative, playful, and hilarious ways. This year's prank was both mischievous and magical. 
As one of the senior division teachers, I had the honor of walking into my room in the morning to find that the seniors had redecorated it to create the "Wonderland Café".  I couldn't bring myself to take apart the topsy-turvy conglomeration of desks and chairs, so we held class around it. As Mad Hatter, I declared each senior the valedictorian, and had her give a farewell address to the class. It was awesome.

I created this layout to document the fun and frivolity, with some help from the June JBS Mercantile kits. I love all of the brightly colored bits and pieces.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful last day! Love all your great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like it when the seniors are creative like this! Enjoy summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog post just makes me smile!! And I adore your LO. What a fun way to end the school year..x

    ReplyDelete