Monday, July 21, 2014

Lately-ing

Dealing with a sore throat today. No fair. Isn't there a law against getting sick in the summertime?

Learning to use clipping masks in Photoshop. 
Believing every word of that. I could use a rainstorm right about now. It's insanely humid and still. Did I mention the sore throat? How can my only comfort -- hot tea -- be making everything worse instead of better? 

Digging my daughter's Instagram pics from Russia, like these:
The graffiti in our neighborhood doesn't say anything as sweet as that above: "Anya, I love you." Most of the scrawls around here translate to "Obviously, I opted not to pursue a college degree." 

Reading the third installment in one of my favorite series ever:
So far, so good! It's engrossing.

Oh. Wow. What's that I hear? Rain? 
Would it be bad for my sore throat if I went outside to dance in the puddles? Just a little? 

8 comments:

  1. great book choice! im about half-way through that one right now! I may have re-ordered it back in October :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I preordered a while back, too! It's great so far.

      Delete
  2. HI Jill! you make me laugh!! did you really go out in the rain like a mad woman?? and I loved your comment about the graffiti in your neighborhood!! same here! so fun! hope your throat is better; I HATE a soar throat, makes one feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, I couldn't go out in the rain because of my cold. :( That's okay. It only rained for about three minutes. Boo.

      Delete
  3. I love love love that cool graphic -- did you make it?
    I knew someone who painted matryoshka dolls. You have to go to a special school to learn how to do it. :)
    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I did make it! I was just messing around in Photoshop. :)

      Delete
  4. So glad you are loving The Book of Life! I have a two books to finish first and then I will start it!

    ReplyDelete