Thursday, July 3, 2014

Proof.

I read. I read books. I have trouble with e-books. I can't seem to form the kind of attachment to them that I have to actual hardcovers and paperbacks.  This is highly inconvenient, I understand, as I do not have enough house to house all of my books and more and more stacks accumulate month after month, but this is less of a discouraging problem and more of a delightful one for me. Just as the cat lady accepts that someday her cats will eat her, so do I accept that someday I will be found crushed under an avalanche of books.

My post this week on the October Afternoon blog offers an 8.5" x 11" sketch as well as a peek at my stacks -- just a glimpse, really, of those on my nightstand. The page offers proof of my bibliophilia.
Appropriately, I used the OA "Public Library" collection.  
I also tried my hand (or my mouse, really) at turning my handwriting into a die-cut file.
I really like how it turned out! In fact, I like it so much that I am happy to share it with anyone who feels the same. You can download the free .studio file right here. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I love books too--real ones that I can hold in my hand, ear mark, smell, pop in my purse, spill coffee on, mark in.....my Nook never quite grew on me :). Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page Jill.
    I love paper but lately I read books mostly on my phone .. what kind of a LO can you make with a phone photo, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Love the theme too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. me gustaaaaaaaaaaaa, gracias por compartir el archivo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome and thanks for the freebie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - I am so the same! My husband is digi and I prefer paper. Since we've run out of room, I no longer try to so many books. I reignited my passion for library books a few years ago and have been borrowing books from my local library. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a GREAT page and you did your own handwriting?! SO awesome--thanks for this GREAT page--totally agree--the ebooks aren't tangible to me, really like to grip books in my hands! ;)

    ReplyDelete