Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Fourth, One Week Later

Just one week ago, we were celebrating the Fourth of July with barbecue, fireworks, and family.  I pulled together a few snapshots from the day and a few of my favorite Crate Paper goodies, and created a layout to document our celebration. 
Rather than stick to a standard red, white, and blue theme, I added a few more colors to the mix. I went with a listing approach for the journaling, compiling a series of moments from the day. When it comes to journaling on holiday layouts, I find that concentrating on specific images and sensory details makes it easier to avoid generalizing or stating the obvious about the holiday. The more specific the details, the more personal the layout. 
More details can be found on the Crate Paper blog. 

Thanks for visiting! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the journaling on this layout--FANTASTIC! And I was just thinking the same thing as I was doing the laundry...the 4th was over a week ago! (I thought that because I was looking at my shirt I wore last week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! I love the fun photo strips with the stitching and your journaling-spectacular!! Really awesome design!!

    ReplyDelete