Friday, October 10, 2014

Between the Lines

Over the summer, I had the pleasure of working on a series of challenge-based layouts for the Story Play workshop at Masterful Scrapbook Design. I shared one of the layouts in a previous post, and here's another, based on a challenge to "find" journaling in an existing text. 
I discovered my journaling in some pages from an old, yellowing grammar handbook. After underlining the lines that stood out to me, I used cream-colored paint and stitching to cover up the rest of the text. What remains is a message about one of the most important relationships in my life. 
On Sunday, October 18,  I'll be chatting again about the workshop and my love of all things scrappy.

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. great layout, jill! our your layers are fabulous and look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lifetime of love and happiness to you and Rob! What a cool way to express that in this layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! you never cease to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout! Your layers are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow..... that's an amazing way to write your journaling......!!!! Such a great great idea..!
    Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete