Saturday, October 25, 2014

Lately-ing

Lately, I've been...

trying to watch How to Get Away with Murder.  It takes effort. I find it tedious, for the most part, except for when the monotony is punctuated by moments that compel me to watch it for one more week. This happens each week. I'm still curious about where it's all heading, though my tolerance is waning with each flashback/flash ahead "murder" scene. Enough already. If the show was a book, I'd be speed-reading by now. Every character irritates me for one reason or another, but I think Viola Davis is the only reason I've been hanging in there.  Her character should quit law and take up medicine instead. She'd be awesome in Grey's Anatomy, which could use some rejuvenation. 

re-reading Lisa Ann Sandell's Song of the Sparrow for a unit on Arthurian legends in my "Folklore and Mythology" class. It's been great seeing the students respond to this retelling/revision of "The Lady of Shalott." 

scanning old family photos, and shaking my head in amazement at their beauty. I love this one of my grandfather as young man. 
scrapbooking and forgetting to share the proof of that on this blog. Here are a few recent layouts: 
October Afternoon: "Somethings" Journaling Challenge
Jenni Bowlin Studio: "From Pinterest to Page"
 Crate Paper: "Open Book" Week 

thinking that movie reviews can be helpful, but can also be so wrong. Case in point: The Judge, with Robert Duvall and Robert Downey, Jr., was rated "rotten" on Rotten Tomatoes (47%), but I thought the film was wonderful. So did a very teary-eyed Z. 

listening to "Jackie and Wilson," by Hozier.  What a voice. 

getting a kick out of my daughter's ever-expanding musical tastes. One moment she's singing along to "The Piña Colada Song" and the next, she's entranced by Berlioz. 

waiting for my Halloween costume to arrive. Here's hoping the costume gets here before October 31. Otherwise, I'll have to go to school that day just as I am: a procrastinator. 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I don't mind How to Get away with Murder but I do mind Geena Davis on Grey's. Viola would have been great in that role!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on How to Get...tried it twice but it just seemed pointless. I agree with the comment above about Gina Davis. She's horrible on Grey's. I have enjoyed her in movies.

    ReplyDelete