Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Another Goodbye.

So there's this.

Goodbyes are hard -- really hard, in fact, for a person like me, whose motto in life and love and career and scrapbooking could very well be "in it for the long haul." As much as I might resist the kind of change that involves reluctant goodbyes, I am also all for embracing gratitude and looking forward to good things to come.

With that said, I must share one big, sloppy, lovey dovey, open-armed THANK YOU, sealed with a kiss for Jenni Bowlin, Doris Sander, and the rest of the JBS Mercantile team (past and present).

In 2010, I was asked to be a guest designer for JBS Mercantile...
and shortly thereafter, I was invited to join the team.

I will confess: there was something about working with the JBS kits each month that I didn't really experience when creating projects for any other team. I was never, ever stressed.
I never worried that it wouldn't be good enough.  The censor, the doubter, the critic? I never heard their voices.
Experiment and play and storytelling were not just encouraged, but celebrated, and the only requirement seemed to be that a whole lot of HEART should be invested in the process and radiate from the page.
Every single page I ever made for JBS came from a genuine place, from the me that I am and not the me I worried I needed to be.
I did not agonize over these projects; I just fell into them and emerged transformed, and always grateful.
Working with JBS affirmed for me that pages are not "about" product; the kits didn't just help me to make pages -- they helped me to make meaning. 
So yes, I will miss being on the JBS Mercantile team, but I am also filled with hope and excitement for Jenni and the new direction that JBS will be pursuing.  I'm glad to hear that the Crafted kits are sticking around. Each one is more amazing than the last!

Good luck, Jenni, and once again, THANK YOU!  I wish you all the best, and more.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and tribute Jill! Your meaningful pages added so much to JBS each month. Always always appreciated all your support. Was a wonderful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear! Your pages have always been amazing and full of variety in design and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the only requirement seemed to be that a whole lot of HEART should be invested in the process and radiate from the page" --that's what I find in EVERY page that you create! And of course you make me wish that I were a better writer. lol. Good luck in your next venture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful love letter to JBS! I love your work and look forward to seeing what is next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you said...yes. The first time I stumbled onto one of your LO's Jill I was hooked for that very reason. Your journaling is from the heart and I know without a doubt that I could sit down with you if ever we met and know that really, in my own heart, I already knew you. You will continue forward with whatever new things and opportunities come your way and will remain genuine regardless of whatever product you use. I am happy to have even the tiniest glimpse through your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, everyone, for your sweet and supportive comments!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely retrospective. Your heart always shines through on your pages, it is the reason I love your work so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss your JBS pages - your style really shines through each and every one of them! And I totally get what you mean by being in for the long haul - I feel the same about my teams!

    ReplyDelete