Monday, November 24, 2014

In My Dreams

Last night I dreamed about hundreds of colored markers scribbling on white walls simultaneously.  I stood in the midst of the marker frenzy, trying to follow the rapidly forming lines with my eyes.

I am not sure if this has any special significance as far as dreams go.

Could it be pent up creativity, struggling to surface after being suppressed by daily routines and predictability?

Could it be fear of chaos interfering with my carefully scheduled plans for the next few weeks, as the semester comes to an end?

Does the fact that I wasn't holding any of the wildly scribbling pens suggest that I am more of a spectator, passive, lacking control in some way?

Maybe I was dreaming about boundaries, about the thing that others seemed to be doing but that I just could not do. Coloring on the walls is not exactly orthodox.

It could just be that the dream was a sign of a restless mind. Sunday nights are always tough for me -- I have a difficult time quieting the thoughts in my head.

Maybe I just need a vacation. A very colorful vacation.

Dreams are weird.

1 comment:

  1. You write so amazingly, dreams are funny. I think you deserve a vacation :)

    ReplyDelete