Saturday, November 1, 2014

JBS Mercantile November Reveal

The November kits at JBS Mercantile are warm and golden and ever so lovely. They make me long for turkey and gravy in a big way. I channeled that craving into layout form, using the papercrafting and antiquarian kits.
Those gold foil turkeys are my favorite addition to this page. Usually, autumn layouts have leaf after leaf after leaf on them, but my fall doesn't look like that.  Being from an evergreen locale, it's nice to be able to work in a fall-related accent to which I can also relate. Plus, turkey is delectable. That's why this page needed three of them. 

Still, as the journaling makes clear, I am aware that there is more to Thanksgiving than turkey. 
My second layout isn't autumn-related, but it does play with the nature-in-transition color palette found in the November kits -- a mix of cool greens and warm oranges. The color combo was just right for a page about the hot/cold relationship between my dog and my cat. 
Being a lover of layers, I had some fun pulling together different patterned papers from the papercrafting kit as well as some misted papers (using the kit stencil) and repurposed packaging from kit accents. 

The page captures the dynamic between Mazie and Koko -- one oblivious, one calculating. 
This weekend I'm hoping to find the time to return to the kits to create another layout (or two) for the mid-month reveal. 

Thanks for visiting today! 

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I just adore these!! You do awesome things with paper clips. And paper. And your sewing machine. And just everything, really.

    ReplyDelete