Monday, December 29, 2014

In Progress: December Not-So-Daily

I've been working on a few pages of my holiday album, and I must say, dropping the "daily" from the process has been a sweet relief. Today I scrapped photos from December 18 and December 25, and I'm working on a page from earlier in the month right now.  The process is kind of all over the place, but at the end of the month, I'll have a pretty fair representation of the wonder and color and struggle and joy that December has been, and that works for me.

Here are the first few pages of the album, shared last week on the October Afternoon blog. The Monday challenge was to create a hand-drawn pattern, and I loved it so much that I didn't just stop at one.
Tuesday's post focused on hand-cut letters. 
Here's a peek at tomorrow's post on the OA blog:
I know I got off to a late start with the album, but I think I've finally found my groove.

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! I, too, was going to take a stab {my first stab} at December Daily and I immediately failed when I realized on December 2nd that I didn't take a photo on December 1! Oops! I decided to take the restraints off of myself and do this holiday challenge in a way that works for me! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, your musing on Advent got right to my heart. Something was off about Christmas this year--and you nailed it: anticipation. Christmas is what we make it, but it's hard when the hype and greed "out there" detract instead of add to joy. I remember when the Sears Wishbook was it! And, oh, it was filled with hope. There were fewer outdoor decorations around here, and fewer houses where I could see the magic of Christmas lights shining inside. It was hard to go into JoAnne's Sunday and find Easter, but it was hard to find Christmas working its way onto shelves after the 4th of July. My outside lit tree and inside Christmas lights will stay on until Epiphany, by gosh! Hold on to the magic of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your pages turned out. Thanks for your comment on my blog - you made my day :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay--as always you ALWAYS make me feel better about myself--I attempted to be ahead and have pages ready for the December Daily--then I realized I hadn't taken any pics, I had gathered items but I just have fallen "behind" but ya know I was spending my time with my family and I WILL find time to finish my album! GREAT post!!

    ReplyDelete