Tuesday, December 30, 2014

More December Not-So-Daily Pages

First off, I'd like to say THANK YOU to those of you who have been stopping by the blog over the holidays! I know it's a busy time of year, and to know that you took the time to read this crazy scrappy lady's ramblings means a lot to me.

Behold! I've added a few more pages to my holiday album. I've had a lot of fun over the past week just playing, seeing where an idea leads and finding that there is truth in the belief that there's no better way to cultivate creativity than to let go of fear about the results.
The first two pages that I added put the remnants of the JBS Mercantile December kits to use, along with some Jenni Bowlin Studio accents. Sadly, this is the last of my JBS projects. It was a good way to go out.  (By the way, if you haven't yet heard, the JBS Mercantile scrapbooking kit may be gone, but Jenni is launching a new project that sounds wonderful!).
This week on the October Afternoon blog, I shared a few pages from my album. In the post, I share how an inspiration piece from Daisy Yellow's 2014 ICAD (Index Card-a-Day) challenge prompted me to try a "stitched bits" technique. It turns out that this is an awesome way to use scraps!
In the post, I also mention how I've been repurposing holiday ephemera (a.k.a. "trash") on my pages, like the die-cut gift wrapping tag on the "So Much to Do" page above, the wrapping paper below (which I stitched to create an envelope), and the red satin ribbon from a box of chocolates that one of my (sweet!) students gave me.
Hopefully I'll have time to add a few more pages before the holidays end. Lucky for me, I don't consider the holidays over until Epiphany, which gives me another week.

I'll be back soon with my "14 from 2014" post. It's tradition for me to do an end-of-the-year round-up (so many hyphens!), but it is so tough to narrow down the layouts that I've created to just fourteen.

Just in case the procrastination bug takes hold of me and I'm not able to post until next year (oh, ha), enjoy your New Year's Eve!

2 comments:

  1. this is just AWESOME--love the mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous, jill! your pages are so inspiring! (but not motivating as i'm starting to think that saving my december not so daily album for november sounds like fun).

    ReplyDelete