Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Scraptastic Share

Though I'm taking a brief crafty hiatus for a few days as school starts again this week, I am proud to say that I have LOTS of happy scrapping to show for my holiday break.

One of the highlights of the past week has been working with the January Scraptastic "This Must Be the Place" kit and add-on. Can you spot the "Currently" stamp from the "This Must Be the Place" Stamp Set on this layout? You might have to squint to see it. Ha. 
I broke out the watercolor pencils for this one. Every time I use those I'm reminded of the "Paint with Water" books I loved as a child. I still get a thrill out of dipping a paintbrush in water, putting it to the page, and watching the colors smooth out and intensify. 
The pencils also assisted me as I drew lines for the journaling. I actually used my handwriting on this one. I should do that more often. It's just so tricky sometimes to place it exactly where I want it. This is why I deliberately set up the journaling areas on this page to allow for more of a free-flow approach.
I'll have another Scraptastic layout to share soon!  Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

  1. Love love love this!!!! Love how you used the "currently" stamp and watercolored it! Love your handwriting a lot too! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! (For the same reasons Monique mentioned)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - I'm a big fan of handwriting on layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamping and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply fabulous!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the stamping! such pretty colors and great look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome! Love the colors too and your handwriting rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really awesome page. I love your handwriting.

    ReplyDelete