Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Little Bit Gonzo

Recently, while out to lunch with my daughter, she donned one of her many pairs of sunglasses and sat back, chewing on her straw. She reminded me of someone...but who? Then it hit me: Hunter S. Thompson (without the cigarette, thankfully).  The following page, created with the Scraptastic "Counting Stars" February 2015 kit and add-on, serves as a salute to one of Thompson's quotables: "Buy the ticket, take the ride." 
I used the quote as a catalyst for the journaling, which is on the black tag tucked into the layout. I used a silver Uniball pen -- I love how the ink stands out against the dark background.
I had a smile on my face pretty much the entire time that I worked on this page. One reason? I finally got to use the long-awaited Counting Stars alpha stamps
I'm going to be getting a lot of mileage out of these, I'm sure.  I can't wait to dive back into the kits this weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. Love love all your layouts.
    I took your journaling workshop and was wondering whether you had any plans to maybe do another? (please!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! I hadn't really thought about it, actually. I'm not even sure where one could be hosted, since Two Peas is no longer here. Hmm...I'll think about it!

      Delete