Friday, February 27, 2015

Goat Charisma

Now here's a title I never thought I'd be adding to a layout:
When I set eyes on the "My Superpower Is..." journaling card from the February "Counting Stars" Scraptastic kit, its fate was sealed. A few days earlier, my daughter and I were talking about the oh-so-common question of "If you could have any superpower, what would it be?" and we decided that we were tired of the usual answers.  Forget invisibility, mind reading, flying, and x-ray vision.  My daughter declared that her superpower would be communicating with goats. My husband's would be to make dogs roll over, submissive, with a single look. Mine would be the ability to make cats pee at will, as they sense my presence.  All of these, interestingly enough, are grounded in real incidents.
This layout came together quickly -- and on a weeknight, to boot!  That almost never happens. I worked in some painted pieces in addition to patterns from the "Counting Stars" kit and add-on. I'm going to start keeping more painted papers around -- they make awesome photo mats and add pops of color to pages.

Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

  1. cute and funny layout, jill! i love the idea of keeping painted papers around....i may need to do that, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me giggle--such a FUN colorful layout--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the title -- love that unexpected bit of fun on a page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see a LO based on your superpower experience...or maybe not!?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the bright colours, the design and the layers!!

    ReplyDelete