Sunday, February 22, 2015

In So Many Words

My most recent layouts include lots of words. I mean LOTS.

Take this one, created for this past week's October Afternoon "Topic Tuesday" blog post.
The page was made in response to the following prompt:
Think back through your romantic history and reflect upon how you came to know what love is and is not.  If it helps, you could structure this as advice from a parent to a child, based on experience. You could reflect on what your parent(s) taught you about romantic love and what you hope to impart to your own children. 
There was no way the journaling wasn't going to be lengthy!  I could have gone on for pages. 

The background of the page definitely shows the influence that working on pages for Studio Calico's Color Theory workshop is having on me. It's been all about paint for me lately (as my fingernails and once-blue jeans can demonstrate). I just completed a page for that class that also includes quite a bit of journaling. I can't share the full page, but here's a little peek at it: 
A recent Elle's Studio layout also found me getting wordy, except instead of using my own words, I used my daughter's, from one of her (many) college essays. 
I love it when the words become a defining feature of a layout. Paper and accents are fine and dandy, but there is so much more to scrapbooking than that. Photos bring a page to life, and words invest that page with meaning. 

6 comments:

  1. I continue to be in love with your words, just as much as your scrapbooking style. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! These are amazing. I love the fun prompt you used for these and that you used your daughter's own words on the second. What a piece of history!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages! I have read your blog for years and your daughter is growing up to be such a lovely young lady! It seemed like she was still so young and now she looks all grown up. I am pregnant with my first and I can't imagine what the next 17 or 18 years will hold!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both layouts are FABULOUS!! I love how you always get so much journaling on the page and in such creative ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pages are AAAAAmazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I love it when the words become a defining feature of a layout. Paper and accents are fine and dandy, but there is so much more to scrapbooking than that. Photos bring a page to life, and words invest that page with meaning." - THIS! Best thing I've read all day. Love, love, love the layout!

    ReplyDelete