Thursday, March 12, 2015

Whole Heart

The March gallery at Elle's Studio is packed with layouts featuring the new Cienna collection as well as lots of accents, journaling cards, and tags from the March kit. 
I love how the colors in the Cienna collection are somehow bright and soft all at once, perfect for springtime.  Granted, spring is still a few weeks off, but I'm always ready for more color in my life.
In fact, I added a bit more color to the journaling cards, wood shapes, and stamped images on this layout in the form of ink and watercolor pencils.
The journaling focuses on the two great loves that make my heart whole. 
I'm still a little surprised at myself for writing the journaling by hand here. I actually had no idea what I was going to say when I started writing -- I didn't have a draft or even a destination in mind. I just looked at the photo, thought about the "whole heart" idea for a moment, and realized that some might have a problem with my feeling that others "complete" me. I decided to tackle this idea of "independence" and the human heart, honestly.

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Love the layout! I just made an art journal page about no one being able to complete you, but I think I meant that if you are looking for such a thing, well then you are going to be disappointed, but if it happens over time through real love and commitment, well hey, that's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! You are the queen of pattern paper!!

    ReplyDelete