Friday, April 24, 2015

Easter (Three Weeks Later)

Three weeks ago, as my husband and I loaded up on sweets and treats for my daughter's traditional Easter morning "surprise," we found ourselves standing before a Paas display.

"Do you think she's going to want to dye eggs this year?" I asked, studying the boxes, genuinely unsure.

He pointed to the basket he was holding.  He had already loaded up on two boxes.

He, thankfully, made the right call. The kid still gets a kick out of dyeing eggs on Easter morning.
(More details and pics are on the October Afternoon blog.)

She's also still game for hunting eggs.
(More details and pics are on the Scraptastic Club blog.)

As Z gets older, I never really know which traditions she'll want to continue, which ones she'll think she's outgrown. My husband, on the other hand, doesn't believe in outgrowing traditions. I guess that's what makes them traditions.

3 comments:

  1. Love your husband's thinking....it's something that's been on my mind recently, as I see my 8-year old son literally growing up before my eyes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lové your multi photos layouts !! You really rock thym every Time !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such beautiful layouts. All that gorgeous color and that stitching and those photos are perfection! I love that your daughter is still game. I hope mine will be too, for years to come.
    Debra www.ourlifeincolor.com

    ReplyDelete