Monday, April 13, 2015

Sharing Is Caring

In clearing off items from my ever-cluttered desktop (of the computer variety), I realized that there are few layouts that I never got around to sharing here on my blog.

The layout below was created for a sketch post on the October Afternoon blog. Though I worked with the Saturday Mornings collection, I focused on weekday mornings.
Although I am not a morning person, the journaling puts those weekday mornings in perspective. 
 I included some authentic A.M. ephemera on the page.
I created the next layout in pursuit of my Calvinball goal and inspired by a challenge at Get It Scrapped to put older supplies to use. I mixed older supplies -- including some Anna Griffin, Scrapworks, and 7Gypsies paper -- with newer supplies from Studio Calico, Freckled Fawn, and Crate Paper.  
I was over the moon when I was asked to share this layout and a related weekly challenge on the Studio Calico blog.  Since the layout features a photo that depicts a subject -- my daughter's first "real" date -- indirectly, I based the challenge on that idea. I loved seeing what people did with the challenge! 

The next few layouts were created for the Scraptastic Club design team. The first is based on a sketch (see all fourteen interpretations on the Scraptastic blog). I used the "Rivers and Roads" kit and add-on (as well as some junk mail, which seems odd, but I love how it looks here -- in the form of the days of the week).
The second was created for a Scraptastic blog post in which fellow DT member Madeline Fox and I each challenged ourselves to create a layout in 30 minutes. I am shocked that I was able to do this, but here's the proof:
I used the April "Darlene" kit and add-on, just as I did on my most recent Scraptastic layout:
I'm loving the accents and stamps in this month's kits! 

So there you have it -- from my desktop to you. :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Love them all as always!
    Just wondering how you store your layouts ?
    Still hanging out for a workshop or maybe a process video :) (I'm retired so have all the time in the world!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! I store mine in American Crafts D-ring albums. I don't pack them too tightly, so that they won't be crushed. As for the workshop, maybe there will be something in the works in the future!

      Delete