I'm so pleased to be joining a group of scrap-loving friends -- especially because for me, scrapbooking is more than a hobby; it involves a sense of community. Each of us is sharing a little bit about ourselves in the form of -- what else? -- a "currently" list. I'm planning on converting this list to a layout on this very day. Care to join me?
1. REPLAYING often on Youtube: an Amy Schumer clip featuring my kind of Avengers: Tina Fey, Patricia Arquette, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. (Warning: this clip is not for the hyper-conservative or profanity-leery; if you can get past that, the video is hilarious, and there's truth in it).
2. LISTENING to...
3. WATCHING... Silicon Valley...and trying to make the world a better place (you have to watch the show to understand). I've also been tuning in to Game of Thrones. This season is changing everything. In some ways this is good; in other ways, it is really just not good.
4. READING...so many books that my head is spinning with intersecting plots and characters. I'm in the midst of planning summer reading lists and course texts for next school year. I've been fitting in some "me" reading as well. The most recent book I finished is When We Were Animals (highly recommended), and the most recent book I started is Crazy Rich Asians.
5. EATING (every day, if I could)...mochi crunch. I'm really picky about the brand. The kind I love is sold in movie theaters all over the island -- but only in movie theaters, as far as I know -- and I do admit to watching not-so-great movies sometimes just to get my fix. On Thursday night, I saw Avengers: The Age of Ultron, so I bought an extra bag. It's gone now. I may have inhaled it for lunch yesterday.
6. DRINKING at 4 p.m.? Water. I'd prefer coffee, but my body is only coffee-friendly in the mornings. It resents me if I drink any in the afternoon or evening.
7. WISHING...that I could travel this summer. Everyone keeps asking me about my summer plans, expecting some wonderful destination on the other side of that question, but I just kind of smile sadly and say, "Lesson plans."
8. ENJOYING...the chance to take a whole day to focus on scrapbooking, and have my husband and daughter actually understand that this IS my Superbowl. No mocking, no giggling -- just acceptance. That's gold.
"Remembering a man's stories makes him immortal."
-- Daniel Wallace, Big Fish
10. SMILING...because it's NSD!
Wilna Furstenberg. Can you tell that I adore her? If you don't already feel the same, then you just might after I share this: Wilna has created a free cut file/printable for National Scrapbook Day! Click on the image below to download it.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!