Thursday, May 28, 2015

The First Two Pages of Summer

School's out! Let the summer scrapping commence!

The first one I started the night before my last day of school, and finished that afternoon, so it counts as summer scrapping, I suppose.
This layout is based on a Susan Stringfellow sketch (shared on the Scraptastic blog this morning). A bunch of designers contributed to the post, and I am loving the different interpretations. I always struggle to work with two photos that are oriented differently -- one portrait, one landscape -- but this sketch makes the seemingly impossible possible. I paired a photo from five years ago with one taken just a few days ago following my daughter's graduation ceremony.  
I used the Scraptastic Purple Rain kit and add-on here, and added some extra yellow to the purples and blues in this kit by painting the paper on which I printed my journaling. 
There are so many colorful little bits and pieces in this month's kits! 

My second layout is also the first official 100% summer scrapping layout. 
I worked on it this afternoon, and was surprised at how quickly it came together, even with all of the stamping.  The secret is repetition -- precision takes time, but stamping here, there, and everywhere is a cinch. 
Once again, I dipped into the Purple Rain kits to create this layout, but I also used the Scraptastic Janglin and Sentiments V.8 stamp sets.
When Kaitlin Sheaffer was creating the stamps for May, I shared my wish that she include the phrase, "Respect the Beard," and she actually rolled with it. Kaitlin's the best! 
As Father's Day approaches, I'm going to get even more mileage out of these. In fact, I'll be using them for a long time to come. 

Thanks for stopping by today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment