Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Challenge Layout #2

I did a bit more stash-chomping today, using the kit that I compiled for the Ms. Pac-Man challenge.
I struggled with my hoarding impulses, but I still managed to persuade myself to use this blueprint paper (from Jenni Bowlin, whose treasure-hunting gifts are unrivaled). It needed to be on this page with the Studio Calico "Phases of the Moon" Project Life card, by way of juxtaposition -- the idea of a specific plan alongside an image of constant change. 
I used one of my "lazy" (but lovely) techniques here, ripping out the pre-stitched buttons from a button card and using the line of buttons as is. 
It's difficult to describe how I feel about change, since it can be positive and negative. I tried my best.

One more layout to go...

It's been great to see the growing interest in the challenge, by the way! I've heard from people via this blog, Instagram, Facebook, and Get It Scrapped.  I can't wait to see the projects that everyone has been working on!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this layout, jill! i just created my kit tonight (which was a TON of fun) and I will start playing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leanne and Kat! Kat, I'm looking forward to seeing what you create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! Especially that striking background and the line of buttons! Your introspective journaling is also very inspiring<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - so beautiful! Love the blue background paper....ok, all on your layout! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So actually, when putting together your kit, you should make sure to include hoarded items and papers that you know you want to use together? LOL I love this LO Jill and the journaling especially tugs at the heart, knowing some of the most difficult/exciting changes always seem to be lying right around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors! You are so talented ♥

    ReplyDelete