Monday, June 1, 2015

ICAD 2015

For some time now, I've been an ICAD lurker, but I shall lurk no more. This year, I'm getting in on the ICAD (Index-Card-a-Day) challenge, which starts today. 

I'm so used to being in my head as I create, so overly detail-conscious at times, and it was quite a sweet relief to just let go (or at least, to try to let go) and spend a few minutes creating my first card today. 
This week's theme is drawing and doodling, using ink, pens, or markers. There are also optional daily prompts/topics available. Today's was chevron, so I ran with it for my journaling, which was more like free-writing than my usual draft-amd-revise-and-revise-again process. It was liberating. The background includes ink, and I doodled a bit (clumsily) when it came to a few of the words. Maybe in the days to come, I'll loosen up a bit more and just...let it go. 

I also joined the ICAD Facebook group, and I'm so glad I did, because the inspiration there is incredible. So many takes on a single challenge -- wow! 

You should check it out!  The challenge runs from June 1 to July 31, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment