Saturday, June 13, 2015

ICAD Continues!

This week's ICAD challenge focuses on using paint and draws upon seemingly food-inspired topics. I've been riffing on the color combos that they suggest.  

Day 9. Carrot and Lemon. 
I stamped a grid on the background and then filled in the squares with various patterns and gradations. I used a combination of watercolors, acrylic, and ink. 

Day 10. Eggplant and Ginger. 
I painted large watercolor circles on canvas paper and let the colors run.

Day 11. Lime and Mango. 
I folded an index card and dipped the creases in paint. I then flipped the card over and worked with the reverse side, adding teeny tiny hand-cut shapes (cut from painted paper) to each square. I stitched across each column and row. This reminds me of the old-school "complete the pattern" worksheets from grade school. 

Day 12. Parsnip and Kiwi. 
Before creating this card, I had no idea what color a parsnip was -- thank goodness for Google and Pantone! I drew a series of circles, painted the centers with watercolors, and included the closing lines from one of my favorite poems ever, Liz Rosenberg's "Susquehanna." 

Day 13. Blueberry and Plum. 
I worked on this one today, pulling together a combination of patterned papers (yay for saving scraps!) and painted papers and adding stitching. I don't usually work with this color combo, but it's making me crave fruit in a big way. It reminds me of Helen Chasin's "Plum."

I'm looking forward to making tomorrow's card -- the prompt is "salt and pepper." Fun! 

1 comment:

  1. These are really cool. What are you going to do with all of your ICADs?

    ReplyDelete