Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Me Likey: Chalk Ink

Recently, I have discovered the wonder that is white chalk ink. About a month ago, I watched a video in which Kelly Purkey demonstrates how she uses the ink on a large photo (start watching around 0:30), and I decided to try it out. On Kelly's recommendation, I bought VersaMagic chalk ink.
I used it for the first time on an Elle's Studio DT layout. 
I painted some cardstock using Studio Calico Color Theory paints, and when it dried, I cut a large strip and stamped over it using white chalk ink and the Elle's Studio July stamp set.
I love that the ink creates an effect similar to that of a resist technique, without all of the extra effort involved.   
It's going to be a scrappy staple for me from now on!  

The next step for me is to try stamping on photos like Kelly does in the video. I'll summon my bravery and give it a try. 

Have you used chalk ink on any of your projects? What do you think of it? Link me up to your projects if you have used it. I'd love to see them! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this vertical design! Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your recommendation. I am always looking for ways to stamp with white ink, this is something I will try. And I love this layout. The vertical type strip is so eye catching. Thanks for sharing. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete