Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Summer Brights

For the past few days, I've been working/playing with the "True Colors" kit and add-on from Scraptastic Club. All of the July kits are summery and bright, but the color pop in "True Colors" was irresistible to me when picking which kit I wanted to use this month.
It turns out that the kit was perfect for my Disneyland vacation pics. I already shared one layout a few posts back. Here's another: 
The title is what we told my husband after the ride. The journaling explains the rest. :) 

The kit contains an exclusive stencil, which I used to create the backdrop for the title. I misted over the stencil multiple times in multiple colors on a sheet of white cardstock, cut the cardstock into strips and blocks, and layered the pieces. 

I do so love the misting, but my favorite part of the page is the little banner that I created from the kit accents and one of the strings from a tag. 
I don't often use orange on layouts, but this kit has me embracing it full force! 
The true/false card prompted an approach to journaling that I'd never tried before. I included a series of true statements followed by a series of false ones, all pertaining to my behavior and history "at the wheel." 
I couldn't resist doing my favorite thing to black cardstock: writing on it with white pen. I love the effect. I also dig how the black cardstock makes the colors stand out even more. 

(By the way, that photo of me is so totally staged :) I wouldn't snap a selfie like that while driving -- I'm not THAT crazy. I was in a parking lot waiting for my daughter, and I got a little too bored.)

I have another to share soon, based on a sketch that will go live on the Scraptastic blog on July 30. I'm so happy about how that one turned out! 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

4 comments:

  1. Your style always amazes me! Really like the "True/False" card-it is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! I'm so in love with your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! I'm so in love with your style!!

    ReplyDelete