Saturday, August 15, 2015

Well, Hello There.

Weeks of no blogging? Where have I been? Isn't it obvious?

School's back in session, and teacher brain has taken over.  Scrapper brain doesn't stand a chance against it, at least not until the adrenaline rush ends and I start getting more than four hours of sleep a night again.

I guess that means I'll see you in June.

:)

Nah, things will return to some version of normal soon enough. They always do.

In the meantime, I actually have some layouts to share from the days before my teacher self suppressed my scrapper self.

The first I created for a Scraptastic Club sketch challenge. I adapted a 12x12 sketch by Susan Stringfellow to create an 8.5 x 11 page. The page mixes past and present, documenting a Facebook conversation that three of my cousins had about an old photo that one of them posted.




The second layout was also created for Scraptastic Club, based on a challenge to use two main kits from different months on a layout. I used July's "True Colors" kit and August's "Elastic Heart" kit.

The "Elastic Heart" kit contains lots of gold accents, which were perfect for this layout celebrating my cousin's recent nuptials.

Before the back-to-madness began and scrappy amnesia set in, I also made a few layouts for Elle's Studio. The first is all about one of my favorite foods ever, bacon-wrapped jalapeños. 
The second looks back at one of our summer vacation destinations, Universal Studios, home of the once-terrifying, now-disappointing Jaws attraction. 
I'm hoping to set aside some time tonight to reinvigorate the scrappy mojo. We'll see what happens! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, NO! No June! We need you now! But you are allowed to have a little break:)) Great work! Especially like the last one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing..it's been like CRAZY town here at my place...blogging..um yeah...LOVING the creations Jill!

    ReplyDelete