Sunday, September 27, 2015

Lately-ing

Lately, I've been...

...watching new fall TV! Yay! Finally! My favorite season premieres so far include Modern Family (I'm rooting for Andy!) and the new show, Life in Pieces, which made me laugh so hard my eyes watered.  

...reading The Martian.  I read it in a single day. This is a must-read!  It's mesmerizing. I can't wait to see the movie. Our family has passed the book from person to person. It's one of those books that you need to get others to read, just so that you can talk about it. 
I'm in the midst of two books at the moment, Fahrenheit 451 (for my "Self and Society" class), and Frankenstein (for my "Beginnings and Endings" class). I never tire of rereading those.  They get better and better (and more and more relevant) every time I return to them. 

...eating Hawaiian food. There is nothing quite like the trifecta of kalua pig, lomi salmon, and poi. 

...loving the return of cool weather and rain, rain, glorious rain!  One of my recent pages for October Afternoon gives you a sense of what the weather has been like over the past month or so, and why we needed a reprieve. 
...lamenting the fact that the weekend is nearly over. I really don't know where the time goes. 

...looking forward to the new blog remodel at Scraptastic Club. It's getting there! Here's a layout that I created using this month's "Skinny Love" kit.  
I am waiting oh-so-impatiently for the October Scraptastic Club "This Is Halloween" kit and add-on. I can't wait until it's in my hot little Halloween-loving hands!  
All of the Scraptastic Club kit galleries can now be found via Pinterest, by the way!

...missing the blood-red end-of-the-world super-moon phenomenon, because (1) I'm in Hawai'i, and (2) it's rainy and cloudy.  My Facebook feed is full of pics, though, so I didn't completely miss out on the shock and awe.

...hating goodbyes. This past week, we said farewell to our sweet friend Molly. She was a part of our family for 18 years. We'll miss her so much. 
Take care, everyone! Be good to each other.  ;)  




2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss :( It's always so hard to loose our animals, they bring us so much in our life ♥
    Always in love with your gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo of Molly, what a sweet old girl. :)

    Fahrenheit 451 is one of my all-time faves, but Something Wicked This Way Comes will always hold near first place in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete