Sunday, November 22, 2015

On Your Mark

A few days from now, it will begin.
Actually, based on the junk mail in my inbox, I'm pretty sure it's already beginning.

The holidays!

I've decided that they're going to be wonderful this year.

I'm not going to be stressed. I'm not going to be cranky. I'm not going to worry about money. I'm not going to hold my breath when in crowds as if allergic to humanity. I'm not going to mouth expletives in parking lots. I'm not going to lose my mind when the grocery store runs out of that one item upon which the entire meal hinges. I'm not going to shriek, "IT'S ALL RUINED!" when the dog lifts his leg and pees on the presents under the tree.

How am I going to do this without being medicated for the next month and a half?

I'm not quite sure, but I'll let you know how it goes.  I just want to enjoy the holidays. I want to savor them.

However, if National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation has taught me anything, it's to be wary of high expectations.

Maybe the secret is to just roll with it, Griswold Christmas and all.

I've already started the pre-holiday prep craft-wise.
I admit, I had to step back for a moment before I made this layout. Did I really want to be scrapbooking holiday-themed pages already? Once I started, though, I got into the spirit right away. 
I've also been preparing parts of my holiday album. This year I'll be working with the Scraptastic Club Stocking Stuffer kit. 
I'm loving the alphas in the kit! They number 1-31, and I had considered saving them to use on daily pages, but I couldn't resist piecing them together to create my title page. 
This year, my goal is to create a journal-heavy album. I love the paper and the frills, but the heart of any project is the story that it shares. 


I'm also going to allow myself room for experimentation and play. 
The "official" documentation begins this week -- I can't wait!  

2 comments:

  1. You are so good at journaling and I can not wait to see what you do with your album! Also, that page totally rocks <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title page looks awesome!

    I think planning can help with not-stressing-so-much part. Like buying presence in september or planning a party with friends a month in advance. (That's what I'm trying to do. But we'll see)

    ReplyDelete