Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December Scraptastic Club Layouts

Don't get me wrong: I love scrapbooking the holidays. However, when faced with a choice of kits from Scraptastic Club for December, I opted not to go for the overtly holiday-themed (and now sold out) "All I Want for Christmas" kit, since I was already working with the Stocking Stuffer kit to create my holiday album.

Despite the nearly irresistible allure of red and green and cuter-than-Kris-Kringle accents, something about the "All of You" kit and add-on called to me. I'm so glad I made the choice, as this kit has kept me in a creative mood for the past 24 hours. I have three layouts to show for it!

The first is a holiday layout -- though not of the Christmas variety. This one goes back a month, documenting our Thanksgiving celebration.
I so love the Maggie Holmes "Carefree" paper from her Crate Paper "Shine" collection. I added the journaling to the "painted" sections. A second strip houses a gathering of accents.

The paper makes another appearance on my second layout.
If you were/are a fan of Magnum, P.I., then you will understand just how excited our entire family was when my cousin appeared on an episode of the show.
The third layout mixes bits and pieces of the "All of You" kit in layers, all in an effort to help me reflect on the layers of years that have culminated in my being the bearer of 40 of them.
I guess 40 is supposed to be a big deal. It's the year when all of the "over the hill" jokes start -- although no one has subjected me to those yet, thankfully.  This layout gave me a chance to reflect on what turning 40 means to me.
So there you have it: three layouts from one kit in less than 24 hours.  Maybe now that I've gotten some non-Christmas scrapping out of my system, I can turn my attention back toward my holiday album. We'll see.


3 comments:

  1. Love your pages! And your journaling needs to be collected into a book! :))) I wish I could write like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are amazing! I'm a huge fan of Magnum too! I watched it on Sunday's afternoon when I was young. I always love the touch of yellow on your layouts! It pops and I adore ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Printing on "painted" section is so clever!
    And Anya is right, your writing is amazing.
    ps. Never heard of this show, I'm gonna google it.

    ReplyDelete