Friday, December 4, 2015

Merry Weekend!

'Tis the season to count down to Christmas, but I've spent the last few days counting down to the weekend. Oh, I need it. I need sleep. I need stillness. I need time to grade papers. I need my dogs. I need Friends reruns.

And it's here!

I'm also hoping for a little scrappy time over the next couple of days -- fingers crossed for that one.  With the quarter ending soon at school, everything else falls away, and I tend to indulge in unhealthy habits, like skipping lunch, forgetting to drink water, and depriving myself of sleep. This weekend will hopefully offer a bit of a reprieve and some time to refocus before heading into the last week of the quarter.

And then it'll be time to start the Christmas countdown!

I'm already feeling the holiday crafty spirit. After a year of not scrapping Christmas, I couldn't suppress the urge any longer, and this was the result:
I know what you're thinking, and I agree: white space is overrated! Hee hee. Fear my merriness. 
You can find more details about the layout on the Elle's Studio blog.  The first part of the month is dedicated to a daily "Celebrate December" feature, and I had the honor of starting off the holiday parade of layouts. You must check out the blog. Today's layout from Lisa Dickinson, for instance, was ahhh-mazing. You won't be able to look at it for more than a second before you are reaching for that "pin it" button. 

Enjoy your weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You're so talented!! Your project is amaaaazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, your work is amazing! I Love reading your posts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page! and I had to laugh about your unhealthy habits ... you sound just like me!! Hope you got your much needed rest (I didn't, lol).

    ReplyDelete