Thursday, April 21, 2016

A Little Mess

As much as the clean and simple approach appeals to my eye, my hands always have other plans: I can't resist walking away from a layout with paint, mist, or ink on my fingers.

The proof's in the page.

This layout came together for a stamping-related post on the Elle's Studio blog. I'm all for white backgrounds, but I have trouble letting them just "be." I had to bring the paint. I like the way the stamping both stands out and blends with the background all at once.

I can also show restraint at times and still walk away with splatters on my jeans.
I applied paint and ink in a more focused way to this layout that I created for a Pinterest-inspired challenge on the Scraptastic Club blog, concentrating on adding patterns and pops of color to the letters. I also added a smidgin of white paint along the edges of the patterned paper for a more subdued effect.
I guess I can always achieve clean and simple via soap and the sink after I'm done with a page. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your creativity! The journalling in the first LO is genious stuff and the title letters in the second one are just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly amazing!! Always gorgeous work ♥

    ReplyDelete