Saturday, April 2, 2016

Lately-ing

Lately, I've been...

...realizing that summer is closer than I think. I'm not looking forward to the heat, but I sure could use a vacation! 

...listening to whatever music my daughter tells me to listen to these days. As a parent, it has been my responsibility to give my child a sound musical education, and I am proud to say that I have succeeded.  There's room for Berlioz and Twenty One Pilots on her playlists. 

...scrapbooking -- FINALLY! I was so productive during spring break, but once that was over, so was my creative streak. Today I actually found time to get crafty with the March "Sweet Child of Mine" kit and add-on from Scraptastic Club
...stressing.  Sometimes that's a good thing -- it keeps me moving and makes me conscious of the power of my choices -- but most of the time it's just a pain. 

...rewatching the Harry Potter movies. Tonight's it's all about Azkaban.  Such a great film, but seriously -- if a time-turner exists in the HP universe, why wasn't it used to avoid so, so many tragedies to follow? 

,,,reading book after book after book as I plan for summer reading and next year's classes. I've also been reading my own books as well.  Most recently, I've finished Lev Grossman's The Magicians trilogy (highly recommended), Yukio Mishima's The Sound of Waves, David Levitan's Every Day, and Ransom Riggs's Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I'm currently reading The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry and rereading Brave New World.  

...wishing for an extra Saturday this weekend. Ah, the weekend goes by too quickly! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!Stunning creation! Loooove! I'm not a huge fan of heat either! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete