Friday, July 1, 2016

ICAD 31: One Hundred

 
The prompt could easily have been called "Waste Not" instead -- I pieced together this garland using a hundred little scraps from my last card.

After one month with the Index-Card-a-Day challenge, I have let go of all nervousness about getting it wrong or messing up or not knowing enough about artistic techniques. Sure, there are show-stopper cards that emerge daily in the feed of the ICAD Facebook group, but I am long past comparisons. I just give these marvels their due by marveling at them, and then I go back to doing my thing, because the point of all this is to just create...to just enjoy doing that...and to just let each blank index card take you where it takes you. 

3 comments:

  1. It's funny to read what you've written because in my opinion YOUR cards are the ones people could be considering the gold standard! They're inventive and interesting and thought-provoking. So glad you're doing this project and sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's such a sweet compliment. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I echo Sara's comments completely!

    ReplyDelete