Saturday, August 6, 2016

July in August

Due to a delay with the mail service, the Scraptastic Club July"Me, Myself, & I" kit arrived later than usual, but somehow, scrapbooking with a July kit in August is kind of just what I need right now. It helps me to prolong summer just a bit more.

Today I created two layouts with the kit. The first documents one of the happiest moments of July -- the moment my sweet cousin discovered that she would be having a girl.
I was on Team Blue (mostly because I didn't have anything pink to wear to the party). I honestly did not care about the baby's gender, but it was fun to play along, even though my attempts to explain to the guests that gender is a social construct, and thus, something that can't really be "revealed" before birth, proved unsuccessful. I did enjoy the cake very much, though.

I'm sure I'll do another layout soon featuring more details from the party -- I took so many pics!

The next layout is the seventh one in my 2016 month-in-review series. Still going strong!
I fit thirty -- thirty! -- photos on this page.  Do you like the one of me up top, looking like Axl Rose? I had a cyst removed from my head (super sexy, I know), and the location of it made it tricky to bandage, so I walked around for a few hours looking like I had a "war wound," as the physician's assistant put it.

Before I head out to start another page, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to those of you who took the time to leave comments on my last post. Readership is up from three to five, which has made my head swell. Good thing I have a huge bandage around here somewhere.

13 comments:

  1. Ha - I read but I don't often comment. Make that 5 into a 6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts, Jill! I especially love the month in review. I've done one or two in the past but should dig through my phone and print more pics to get these memories on paper! Count me among your loyal blog readers even though I don't comment as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these layouts are awesome! I love the amount of pics you were able to get onto each layout! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I now follow you on Bloglovin'. My phone hates Blogger for some reason.

      Delete
  4. You may not fit your head through the door ....I read you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Jill. I follow your work faithfully. I just cant figure out what I need to do to comment here. Technology definitely challenges me! Give me paper and scissors every time. Hope your war wound isn't giving you too much trouble. Thanks for sharing your work with us! Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Axl Rose! You made me giggle first thing on a Monday morning. Thanks for sharing your layouts. I love your colorful style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw Jill! I read through Feedly and you are always the first blog I click on if I see there is a new post. I love your pages!

    ReplyDelete