Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tension Breaker

Scrap therapy -- oh, did I need some.
So I treated myself to some. 
The journaling isn't visible -- sorry! It's on the yellow card peeking out from behind the photo. 

The page documents my husband's 40th birthday surprise: a Lego Millennium Falcon. We could have gone with the whole "over the hill" approach, but instead, my daughter and I decided to honor the forever-young boy within.  
I pulled together lots of tidbits on this layout, using pieces from Ali E.'s story kits, past Studio Calico and Elle's Studio kits, some October Afternoon chipboard pieces, and more. The patterned papers are from a variety of sources, including Studio Tekturek (love, love, love that blue paper), JBS, and SC. The background paper (from SC) reminds me of the circles on Lego pieces. 

It felt good to make a "just because" page, especially one that allowed me to let go and be silly. I've been way too serious lately, and needed to loosen up.  Thank goodness for this crafty outlet. :) 

2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun and I love all of the DETAILS! I bet it feels good to not be confined to one kit to make such a meaningful layout. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great page! I noticed that perfect background paper right away!

    ReplyDelete